Pages - Menu

Monday, 5 November 2012

Christening Ideas - Pretty In Pink

Another post full of ideas and inspiration for a {Pretty In Pink} theme! Again I have added where you can find some of these beautiful products, some ideas on things you can create yourself and a few recipes that even the most novice baker can attempt! I know we are all time poor so I try to make things quick, simple and effective :) It takes so many hours to find all these amazing products and images and I read every Blog, check every link and try to give you the latest creations and designs. It is my job and I love it so I'm sure you will enjoy reading and exploring my christening ideas!

I start with the invitation because that is where most people begin their christening planning, this fan just said she wanted something pink and pretty for a christening... 

Christening Invitation - www.lidesigns.com.au

These gorgeous invites are ordered online, you don't even need to go anywhere! Pricing is fantastic and a very pretty and pink design sets the mood for the christening theme.... Your gorgeous baby, just like the one on the invite above is what makes it x100 times more beautiful :)




www.littlebambini.com.au

Obviously this is not a christening outfit but I just wanted to show you something for the older sister or the God Sister.... In other words something cute for a mini VIP attending the christening.... I loved the outfit and it fit in perfect with the rest of the details so it had to be in this post!



Igift2u

Catholic candles are different to the orthodox ceremonial candles but they have come a very long way since my time... and my time was not that long ago! You will find that if they can design a candle like the one above in the photo then they can match for your theme a box and almost every other decorative piece you can think of... 


And here is a perfect example of what I am talking about! Matching the candle to the box and I'm sure if you asked for a matching photo album these designers would go out of their way to make it happen! (but don't quote me on it, it's just what I have heard :)


The Orthodox christening candle, like this gorgeous one is always filled with tulle, ribbons and is perfect for a pretty in pink theme! There were times we had people come into the store and ask if our candles were dresses lol.... 



RECEPTION


The reception is where we get really creative and add so many beautiful details. The wow factor is usually made here and when your theme is for a baby girl it can be easy to want it all!!!


The image above has been taken by Symbolique photographey, this was a gorgeous table and is perfect for a pretty in pink christening, unfortunately I don't know the vendors but what is important to note is that your photographer needs to be able to capture the details! Just like {Symbolique Photography} did at this christening an image like this can only be taken by professionals and it is totally worth it.... I love the white doily as a table cloth, the cake is stunning and the dessert selection looks DELICIOUS!! 


I love balloons at a christening and I know these are pink and blue but what I loved was how they are tied to every second chair! Instead of ordering x100 balloons and leaving them on a high ceiling, arrange them so they are noticed like { Pump It Balloons} did in the photo above....


Now tell me this isn't the prettiest bomboniere you have ever seen!!! I love the pink ribbon, trimming of bling and who doesn't love a jar filled with yummy candy! The other items that were made for this christening are just as pretty and would be perfect for inspiration, check out their Facebook page for all the other items that were created for this christening....


The image above is part of a baby shower Blog and the link under the image will take you to see the rest of the event. The balloons tied to the party favour bags are again pretty and pink, also every kid loves to take a balloon home and it may just stop them from ripping out your balloons that are meant for decoration!!! (or in some cases maybe not lol)


Another gorgeous Blog filled with pretty princess ideas, some of which you can use in your pretty in pink christening theme. This chair cover would be perfect if you set up a kids table or for your little girl on the back of her high chair!! 

The frame on the right hand side was used as a photo booth for the kids to take photos in... I think the kids and adults would have a ball using this feature in their photos... I can just see it now,  iphones coming out and Instagram photos being plastered everywhere hahahaha.....

DESSERTS & DETAILS



I found this pic on Pinterest and it comes from another party Blog, I have put the link under the image so you can check it out. I loved the tulle under the cake, it just adds so much more to it and makes it soooooooo pretty!!!


Yes I know what you are thinking..... are they edible? They can't be, they are so pretty! Yep these ruffled BISCUITS have been dressed up to suit a pretty pink theme! Now these are some of the treats I would have sitting on my dessert table.


So if you want to make some of your own treats here is a recipe for the yummiest looking sweet pink dessert I could find! This awesome Blog post even has a video (which me and Miss A watched) which makes it even easier! There are a few steps but nothing too complicated and the results are worth it! This is something I will attempt to try myself :)


I am a HUGE FAN of anything coconut and when I found this recipe for  coconut ice treats I knew I had to share it! Not only does it go with our theme today but they are SO EASY to make! If you can add some home made touches like this it will leave a huge impression!!! Another recipe I must must try :)


As you can see from the photo above using the right colours on your candy buffet is important... It highlights your theme and is something simple you can make sure you do.... Big or small your colours count! Check out the rest of the party on The Candy Co. - Candy Buffets  Facebook page, the link to their page is under the image above...

this image was featured on the Blowout Party Blog

This Blog is a must read also (just like all the other Blogs in this post of course). Can you see how this sort of detail changes EVERYTHING! It adds so much life to the jar that it makes you want to take it home and display it in your lounge room!!! The Blog is a Bird theme baby shower but it has so many great ideas that could be used for a pretty in pink christening theme.....

Tablecloth Saffy&May

I found this tonight last minute on the Saffy&May Facebook page! I have not seen anything like it and I could just see how perfectly it fit in with our theme today... Now you can buy or hire in (Queensland).... Being based in Sydney I would buy this personally and use it for every birthday party after the christening! 


I know I just took your breath away with this last photo!!!! You are also very lucky because this has not even been released on their Facebook page!!! So you get the inside first sneak peak preview..... From the backdrop to the candy, every single inch of this table is to die for!!!! A special thank you for sharing it with us first, I can not wait to see the rest! Head over to their Facebook page (the link is under the photo) and become a fan!

Many of the vendors we have featured can be found on our online Christening Directory, click HERE to see their profiles and many more christening businesses that can help you plan your day! 

Every image on our post has a link that will lead you to a Facebook page, website or Blog, If you like what you see show your support!

We also have a Facebook Page so head over and like us for updates, ideas and inspiration for christenings.

Well this was such a beautiful theme to research and I am glad one of our fans mentioned it! I hope this helps out everyone to create pretty christening ideas.... If there is a theme or idea you would like to know more about just send me a message on Facebook or email me at marina@christeningdirectory.com.au and I will do my best to help you out!

Until next week Happy Planning xoxo














No comments:

Post a Comment